AMERICA’S HOTTEST TENNIS COACH CONTEST: How to Enter:
Beginning May 22, 2012 at 12:01 AM (PDT) through June 18, 2012 at 11:59 PM (PDT) go to (i) tennischannel.com/hottest
and complete and submit the entry pursuant to the onscreen instructions or (ii) mail submissions to America’s Hottest Tennis Coach, 2850 Ocean Park Ave, Ste. 150, Santa Monica, CA 90405, postmarked by June 18, 2012 and received no later than June 22, 2012. Viewers wishing to nominate themselves or any tennis coach must mail or submit the online nomination information
telling us in no more than 250 words, why you think yourself/the nominee should be named America’s Hottest Tennis Coach, include the name of the coach, his/her age, height, weight, the state he/she currently resides in, two recent (i.e. within the past six (6) months) color photos (one head shot and one full-length body shot), tennis club/organization affiliation and contact information (telephone number, email address and street address) for the coach or individual nominating him/her and your relationship to the coach, if applicable. By participating in the Promotion (as hereinafter defined) , entrant certifies that his/her entry is original, has not been previously published and does not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity. An individual nominating a tennis coach further certifies that they are over the age of eighteen (18) at the time of entry. A panel of Sponsor judges will select 10 semi-finalists (5 male and 5 female) from qualified applications based on the content of the nomination letter and the photos submitted. Sponsor judges, whose decisions are final, will select the semi-finalists between June 22, 2012 – July 9, 2012. The semi-finalist will be selected by Sponsor judges on the criteria of overall looks, physical fitness, ability to promote a healthy lifestyle, show prowess on the court, be inspirational, motivational and demonstrate a passion for tennis. The semi-finalists may be notified by phone or email starting July 2, 2012. Semi-finalists are subject to the following criteria:
1. Must be a legal U.S. resident over the age of 21 at the time of entry.
2. Must be certified as a USPTA or PTR tennis coaching professional or have credentials coaching tennis at either a competitive academic level (i.e., high school, college or university) or at a public or private tennis facility.
3. Must be currently working as a tennis coach/professional.
4. Cannot have posed showing full frontal nudity for any sexually explicit website, video or publication.
5. Sponsor judges reserve the right to disqualify semi-finalists in their sole discretion.
6. All submissions for the contest must be received by Sponsor on or before June 18, 2012 for email entries and June 22, 2012 for mail in entries. Late submissions will not be considered.
7. If a semi-finalist is unreachable or does not reply to notification within 24 hours, his/her spot may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate semi-finalist.
8. Semi-finalists will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/release. If any semi-finalist fails to return the affidavit of eligibility/release within five (5) days of notification, an alternate semi-finalist will be chosen.
9. Semi-finalists will be posted on the website “www.tennischannel.com” for viewers to vote for America’s Hottest Tennis Coach starting 12:01am, PDT, on July 9, 2012 and ending at 11:59pm, PDT, on July 25, 2012.
10. Voting will be subject to separate voting rules
. The top two (2) votegetters of each gender will be chosen as America’s Hottest Tennis Coach finalists, and the male and female America’s Hottest Tennis Coach winners will be selected from each of these two (2) groups of finalists on or about August 1, 2012, by a panel of Sponsor judges, whose decisions are final.
11. The male and female America’s Hottest Tennis Coach winners agree to be available for and to participate in and attend media events in New York City on or around August 28, 2012, otherwise an alternate winner may be selected.
12. Sponsor or an additional sponsor of America’s Hottest Tennis Coach will provide each winner one (1) roundtrip coach class airline ticket and two (2) nights’ accommodation in a New York City hotel (on an airfare, room and tax basis only), and a $50 per diem for up to two (2) days.
13. The male and female America’s Hottest Tennis Coach will be announced on Sponsor’s coverage of the 2012 US Open.
14. Additionally, each winner will be entitled to record a short form instructional programming piece for Sponsor’s broadcast in 2013.
15. Sponsor will provide each winner one (1) roundtrip coach class airline ticket and up to two (2) nights’ hotel accommodation (on an airfare, room and tax basis only), and a $50 per diem for up to two (2) days to the location of the recording of such short-form instructional program.
16. Semi-finalists, finalists and the male and female America’s Hottest Tennis Coach winners must agree to let Sponsor and any additional sponsor use their name, photo and/or likeness without additional compensation in connection with this contest and both the entrants and semi-finalists, finalists and the male and female America’s Hottest Tennis Coach winners agree that the pictures sent in by applicants and/or those taken by Sponsor can be printed or reproduced in whole or in part or in any all media now known or hereafter invented throughout the world, without credit or payment to the photographer of such pictures. All male and female finalists and America’s Hottest Tennis Coach winners agree not to discuss their participation in any aspect of the contest with any media, including but not limited to newspapers, magazines, radio, television, or internet (including any social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, blogs, etc.), without the prior consent of Sponsor.
17. Photographs produced at any advertising related photo shoot(s) may be used for advertisements and promotions for Sponsor and third parties.
18. INCOMPLETE OR LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
19. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or misdirected votes for the semi-finalists.
20. The names and pictures of the male and female America’s Hottest Tennis Coach winners will be posted online at tennischannel.com starting on or about August 28, 2012
ENTRIES: Limit (1) one entry per person, regardless of method of entry for Sponsor’s AMERICA’S HOTTEST TENNIS COACH contest (referred to as the “Promotion”). Entries using macro, robotic, script or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. No mechanically reproduced entries permitted. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected, incomplete, inaccurate or postage due entries.
ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal U.S. residents physically located and residing in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia age twenty-one (21) and older at the time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. Employees and contractors of Tennis Channel, Inc., the Promotion’s additional sponsors, their respective parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, licensees, designees, participating advertising and promotion agencies, the judging organization and prize suppliers (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Online entrants must have valid e-mail address and it is entrant’s responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in e-mail address. Expenses not specifically included in prize description and all taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Each prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied outside of manufacturer's limited warranty, if any. No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize is unavailable. All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Promotion. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to hold Sponsor, any additional sponsor, and their respective advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representative agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, and employees harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Promotion or acceptance or use of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of the prize.
INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor, any additional sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in a Promotion if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Los Angeles, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"); and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. California State law, without reference to California’s choice of law rules, governs the Promotion and all aspects related thereto.
SPONSOR: The Sponsor is Tennis Channel, Inc. with offices at 2850 Ocean Park Boulevard, Suite 150, Santa Monica, California 90405.