Job Description for IT Helpdesk Manager
Tennis Channel (www.tennischannel.com) is the only 24-hour, television-based multimedia destination dedicated to both the professional sport and tennis lifestyle. A hybrid of comprehensive sports, health, fitness, pop culture, entertainment, lifestyle and travel programming, the network is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. It also has the most concentrated single-sport coverage in television, with telecast rights to the US Open, Wimbledon, Roland Garros (French Open), Australian Open, US Open Series, ATP Masters Series, top-tier Sony WTA Tour championship competitions, Davis Cup and Fed Cup by BNP Paribas, and Hyundai Hopman Cup. Tennis Channel is carried by nine of the top 10 MSOs, Verizon FiOS TV, and has a national footprint via DIRECTV and DISH Network.
Position: IT Helpdesk Manager
Overview: Tennis Channel is seeking a candidate for an IT Helpdesk Manager position who will be responsible for day-to-day administrative tasks within a collaborative environment. The appropriate candidate will have the knowledge and experience to hit the ground running in a fast-paced atmosphere with an emphasis on policy enforcement, security and timely resolution of issues. The IT Helpdesk Manager will also report directly to the IT Director.
Daily Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
o Manage a multi-team member Helpdesk team.
o Assist internal and external clients with helpdesk issues and properly follow escalation list to resolve issues in a timely manner.
o Implement best practices of ITIL to ensure highly effective, repeatable service levels.
o Implement measurable professional developments for your team. Define a mixture of mentoring and formal training to strengthen and support the team’s growth.
· Internal Systems
o Assists in supporting corporate applications; internal corporate servers, user desktops, etc.
o Assists with basic troubleshooting, backup, and archiving.
· Account Administration
o Coordinate the creation of network and email accounts for new users.
o Sets up computers for new users and ensures delivery of equipment to users in different locations if necessary.
· Asset Management
o Assists with the inventory management of software licenses, software, hardware, and other IT supplies.
o Promotes responsible usage and care of corporate equipment.
. Minimum 3 - 7 years as a Helpdesk Manager or in a related role.
· BA degree in Computer Science or a related field, preferred
· Background in Windows 2008 and Active Directory administration
· Experience with Exchange Server 2007 or 2010
· Previous use of Blackberry Enterprise Server
· Highly Skilled with all Mac OSX operating systems including all desktop and server versions.
· Client/Staff interface skills
· Experience with MDM software such as AirWatch and its supported devices (Android, iOS)
· Willingness to work varied schedules, including nights and weekends
· Personal transportation for a multi-location/multi-office environment and occasional domestic and international travel, required
· Strong interpersonal and written and oral communication skills
· Entertainment industry experience is a plus
To be considered, please send resume, salary history and requirements to:
Tennis Channel Inc.
2850 Ocean Park Blvd., Suite 150
Santa Monica, CA 90405
Subject line must read: IT Helpdesk Manager