Job Description for IT Helpdesk Specialist
Tennis Channel (www.tennischannel.com) is the only 24-hour, television-based multimedia destination dedicated to both the professional sport and tennis lifestyle. A hybrid of comprehensive sports, health, fitness, pop culture, entertainment, lifestyle and travel programming, the network is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. It also has the most concentrated single-sport coverage in television, with telecast rights to the US Open, Wimbledon, Roland Garros (French Open), Australian Open, Emirates Airline US Open Series, ATP World Tour Masters 1000 events, top-tier WTA competitions, Davis Cup, Fed Cup by BNP Paribas, and Hyundai Hopman Cup. Tennis Channel is carried by nine of the top 10 video providers.
Position: IT Helpdesk Specialist
Overview: Tennis Channel is seeking a candidate for an IT Helpdesk Specialist who will be responsible for day-to-day administrative tasks within a collaborative environment. The appropriate candidate will have the knowledge and experience to hit the ground running in a fast-paced atmosphere with an emphasis on policy enforcement, security and timely resolution of issues.
Daily Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
o Assist internal and external clients with helpdesk issues and properly follow escalation list to resolve issues in a timely manner.
o Remote and local troubleshooting of helpdesk issues
o Set up of computers for new users and ensure delivery of equipment to users in different locations if necessary.
§ Setup of Laptops and Desktops for new and existing users
§ Setup of Mobile devices including Blackberry, Android and iPhones.
o Understands the issues involved with administering and maintaining corporate infrastructure, including network connectivity, Internet access, email, etc.
· Internal Systems
o Assists in supporting corporate applications; user desktops, etc.
o Assists with basic troubleshooting.
o Helps install and improve computer software and network equipment.
· Asset Management
o Assists with the inventory management of software licenses, software, hardware, and other IT supplies.
o Assists with the purchase of software, hardware and other IT supplies.
o Promotes responsible usage and care of corporate equipment.
· Minimum 3 – 5 years as full-time helpdesk or related functions.
· BS degree in Computer Science or a related field.
· Great Client/Staff interface skills required.
· Skilled with all Mac OSX operating systems including all desktop and iOS devices (iPad, iPhone), a must.
· Skilled with Windows XP and higher versions (Windows 7, 8), a must.
· Skilled with Microsoft Office 2010 and other previous versions, a must.
· Previous use of Blackberry Enterprise Server, preferred
· MCSE, or academic qualifications in IT preferred
· Experience with MDM software such as AirWatch and its supported devices (Android, iOS)
· Experience with Exchange Server 2007 or 2010, preferred
· VMWare Vsphere knowledge and experience a plus
· Willingness to work varied schedules, including nights and weekends
· Personal transportation for a multi-location/multi-office environment, required
· Occasional domestic and international travel, required
· Entertainment/Broadcast industry experience is a plus
To be considered, please send resume, salary history and requirements to:
Tennis Channel Inc.
2850 Ocean Park Blvd., Suite 150
Santa Monica, CA 90405
Subject line must read: IT Helpdesk Specialist