Tennis Channel (www.tennischannel.com) is the only 24-hour, television-based multimedia destination dedicated to both the professional sport and passionate lifestyle of tennis. A hybrid of comprehensive sports, health, fitness, pop culture, entertainment, lifestyle and travel programming, the network is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. It also has the most concentrated single-sport coverage in television, with telecast rights to the US Open Series, Wimbledon, Roland Garros (French Open), Australian Open, ATP Masters Series, top-tier WTA Tournaments, Davis Cup and Fed Cup by BNP Paribas, and Hyundai Hopman Cup. Tennis Channel is carried by eight of the top 10 MSOs and has a national footprint via DIRECTV and DISH Network.
Tennis Channel is seeking a Production Coordinator, full-time staff. This position reports to, Director of Production and coordinates daily with production team as well as other departments within Tennis Channel.
Daily Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
· Schedule freelance/staff personnel and facilities for production assignments within Tennis Channel and Current TV. Includes filling positions far in advance of productions; maintaining databases with up-to-date information; frequent distribution of schedules and changes to schedules.
· Create production books for events. This requires interaction with other departments, preparation and above all, accuracy.
· Manage incoming media; including downloading, transcoding, archiving and cataloging media on tape, servers, and drives.
· Sole point person responsible for archiving daily match highlights from ATP and WTA matches.
· Primary point person for reporting of music used on productions. Duties involve choosing and downloading music from website; organizing music on iPad, CDs and Digicart; distributing cue sheets; reconciling and archiving cue sheets.
· Research media for projects; including choosing appropriate A and B roll for projects.
· Organize elements needed for productions; including logging graphic animations, outputting music. Quickly learn what elements need to be distributed for remote and studio productions.
· Act as production manager on studio productions. Will include trouble shooting issues, order catering, distribution and collecting payroll documents for crew.
· Update and maintain company-wide shared Production folder.
· Quality control supplier shows.
· Create timing and music cue sheets for shows.
· Frequent trips between Santa Monica office and our Culver City facility.
· Willingness to work 40+ hours/week on a flexible schedule that includes Day, Night and Weekend and holiday shifts Candidate will work 14+ days in a row at times.
· Aptitude to quickly learn and operate technical equipment such as Final Cut Pro, Velocity, EVS, DVR, Harris production server.
· Enthusiasm for managing hands-on projects and the resourcefulness to “own” a project to completion.
· Ability to work quickly while maintaining attention to detail and nuance.
· Candidate must demonstrate a positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment.
· Must have outstanding time management skills, ability to meet (preferably) beat tight deadlines and operate with a sense of urgency.
· Expertly organized, meticulous and structured.
· Must be an excellent communicator who is clear and concise.
· Minimum of 1 year as a Production Coordinator, Field Producer, Production Manager or Project Manager.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook.
· Knowledge of tennis and being able to identify professional tennis players a major plus.
· Ability to lift and/or carry up to 25 lbs. Required to lift/carry heavier production equipment of up to 50lbs with assistance from another person or by using the appropriate moving equipment.
To be considered, please send resume, salary history and salary requirements to:
Tennis Channel, Inc.
2850 Ocean Park Blvd., Suite 150
Santa Monica, CA 90405
Subject line must read: Production Coordinator
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE