Job Description for
Tennis Channel (www.tennischannel.com) is the only 24-hour, television-based multimedia destination dedicated to both the professional sport and tennis lifestyle. A hybrid of comprehensive sports, health, fitness, pop culture, entertainment, lifestyle and travel programming, the network is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. It also has the most concentrated single-sport coverage in television, with telecast rights to the US Open, Wimbledon, Roland Garros (French Open), Australian Open, Olympus US Open Series, ATP Masters Series, top-tier Sony Ericsson WTA Tour championship competitions, Davis Cup and Fed Cup by BNP Paribas, and Hyundai Hopman Cup. Tennis Channel is carried by nine of the top 10 MSOs, Verizon FiOS TV, and has a national footprint via DIRECTV and DISH Network.
Position: Accounting Manager to oversee Accounts Payable and Payroll.
Daily Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Direct supervision of Accounts Payable and Payroll including: supervision of an Accounts Payable Supervisor, two (2) A/P Specialist, and Payroll Specialist
- Directly responsible for ensuring all weekly Accounts Payable, Weekly & Bi-weekly Payroll, and month end accounting close responsibilities are completed accurately in a timely manner
- Developing hands on knowledge of Accounts Payable and Payroll systems and processes in order to manage and step into respective responsibilities as necessary
- Review, implement and assess accounting and general business policies and procedures
- Interface directly with other department heads to provide financial support and analysis
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years progressive accounting experience, preferably in the Cable Television arena
- CPA required
- Minimum two years Accounting Manager/Supervisor role
- Familiarity with Great Plains, FRx Reporting, and Paychex
To be considered, please send resume, salary history and requirements to:
Tennis Channel Inc.
2850 Ocean Park Blvd., Suite 150
Santa Monica, CA 90405
Subject line must read: Accounting Manager
The Tennis Channel offers a competitive benefits package including: medical,
dental, vision, and a 401k plan for all full time positions.
To Apply please click below to submit your resume. Be sure to include your
salary history for consideration.