Tennis Channel (www.tennischannel.com) is the only 24-hour, television-based multimedia destination dedicated to both the professional sport and tennis lifestyle. A hybrid of comprehensive sports, health, fitness, pop culture, entertainment, lifestyle and travel programming, the network is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. It also has the most concentrated single-sport coverage in television, with telecast rights to the US Open, Wimbledon, Roland Garros (French Open), Australian Open, Olympus US Open Series, ATP Masters Series, top-tier Sony Ericsson WTA Tour championship competitions, Davis Cup and Fed Cup by BNP Paribas, and Hyundai Hopman Cup. Tennis Channel is carried by nine of the top 10 MSOs, Verizon FiOS TV, and has a national footprint via DIRECTV and DISH Network.
Position: The Manager of Ad Sales Planning provides support for all aspects of the ad sales process. The successful candidate will have a team-player mentality and ability to work under deadline pressure, in order to fulfill client requests. This position reports to the Director of Ad Sales Operations and is based in New York City.
Daily Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Create strategic media plans and decks to increase sales and drive revenue
• Collaborate with Ad Operations to review and steward campaigns
• Assist team with managing advertising orders and input orders into sales order entry system
• Pull and analyze research requests, such as inventory forecasts and provide accurate data to sales reps regarding available inventory
• Consult and interact with sales reps regarding any challenges throughout the sales process
• Pull accurate inventory forecasts and handle excess inventory and oversell situations
• Ensure a high level of customer service
• Bachelor’s degree is required
• 2-4 years’ experience in media sales planning is required
• Familiarity with media terminology, pricing, inventory allocations and posting of schedules
• Proficiency in Excel and media inventory systems
• Knowledge of Broadway is a plus
• Strong media math skills are preferred
• Solid communication, analytical and organizational qualities are key
• Ability to multi-task, while paying attention to detail
• Comfortable in a fast-paced and changing environment
• Able to work independently and as a team member focusing on the overall success of the team, the clients and the company
To be considered, please send resume, salary history and minimum requirement to: HR@tennischannel.com. Subject line must read: Manager, Ad Sales Planning, NYC
No phone calls please!
Tennis Channel Inc.
2850 Ocean Park Blvd., Suite 150
Santa Monica, CA 90405