Tennis Channel (www.tennischannel.com) is the only 24-hour, television-based multimedia
destination dedicated to both the professional sport and tennis lifestyle. A hybrid of comprehensive sports, health, fitness, pop culture, entertainment, lifestyle and travel programming, the network is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. It also has the most concentrated single-sport coverage in television, with telecast rights to the US Open, Wimbledon, Roland Garros (French Open), Australian Open, Olympus US Open Series, ATP Masters Series, top-tier Sony Ericsson WTA Tour championship competitions, Davis Cup and Fed Cup by BNP Paribas, and Hyundai Hopman Cup. Tennis Channel is carried by nine of the top 10 MSOs, Verizon FiOS TV,
and has a national footprint via DIRECTV and DISH Network.
Position: This is a freelance, operational role in a 24/7 environment. An important component of the multi-channel operations is the integration of remote live sports coverage and studio news production. The ideal candidate will take ownership of the Channel’s operation through a plan of continuous improvement, a proactive approach and thorough preparation. Work assignments involve a heavy concentration of activity Fridays through Sundays.
Daily Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assume responsibility for accurate, error-free broadcasting of all events in a multi-channel, on-air environment
• Ensure the daily broadcast operates nominally and error free
• Proactively check playlists, programming schedules, multiple sources of information to ensure error free operations
• Perform recording, ingesting and QC duties of programming assets into on-air servers and input metadata
• Take ownership for all of on-air activities by monitoring all programming assets in playlists and acting as the first-line responder for resolving problems and troubleshooting
• Facilitate and promote excellent communication between co-workers and management
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Master Control operator performing live programming, preferably sports integration
• 1-2 years’ experience working with automation, and transmission technologies
• Excellent working knowledge of broadcast automation systems, video and audio switch operation, file-based workflows and overall master control / on-air broadcast operations
• Punctuality and excellent attendance
• Experience working in a multi-channel environment
• Ability to maintain an excellent working partnership with management, co-workers, and other departments and willingness to work effectively as a member of a team
• Ability to work under pressure in a live programming and multi-channel environment
• Demonstrated maturity and ability to work shifts in an unsupervised environment
• Willingness to take ownership of errors, faults, outages and inquiries to completion
• Education can be substituted for experience
To be considered, please send resume, salary history and requirements to: HR@tennischannel.com.
Subject line must read: “Freelance MCO”
Tennis Channel Inc.
2850 Ocean Park Blvd., Suite 150
Santa Monica, CA 90405