Tennis Channel (www.tennischannel.com) is the only 24-hour, television-based multimedia destination dedicated to both the professional sport and tennis lifestyle. A hybrid of comprehensive sports, health, fitness, pop culture, entertainment, lifestyle and travel programming, the network is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. It also has the most concentrated single-sport coverage in television, with telecast rights to the US Open, Wimbledon, Roland Garros (French Open), Australian Open, Olympus US Open Series, ATP Masters Series, top-tier Sony Ericsson WTA Tour championship competitions, Davis Cup and Fed Cup by BNP Paribas, and Hyundai Hopman Cup. Tennis Channel is carried by nine of the top 10 MSOs, Verizon FiOS TV, and has a national footprint via DIRECTV and DISH Network.
This position is based in Santa Monica, California and supports the PR goals of the channel and reports directly to the Executive Director of PR. The successful candidate is a highly responsible, flexible individual with creative writing capabilities and a strong desire to learn and grow.
Daily Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Research, draft, edit and issue press releases, media alerts, tournament press books, media kits, talent/executive bios and advertorials
• Maintain and contribute to Tennis Channel’s PR-themed Twitter account
• Complete peripheral writing projects for Creative Services, as assigned by Executive Director, PR
• Copy-edit marketing materials
• Maintain up-to-date corporate media kit materials
• Create tournament media books for Grand Slam events
• Collaborate with media representatives
• Coordinate PR mailings with Creative Services
• Assist in the organization of PR-sponsored media events
• Manage photographic needs such as executive and talent headshots and the organization of event/tournament photos.
• Oversee corporate/event/tournament photographers which may include shadowing, creating shot lists, overseeing retouching and making sure materials delivered to press in a timely manner
• Consult with contract PR advisors and photographers on a regular basis
• Oversees Marketing Assistant
• BA degree in Journalism or Communications is required
• Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in entertainment PR, Media and/or Communications field is required
• Stellar writing ability
• Fluent in AP Style
• Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
• Adept in utilizing social media as a marketing tool, specifically Twitter.com
• High level of comfort and excellent phone etiquette and poise when speaking with media representatives
• Ability to handle several projects, simultaneously and effectively and must be able to meet deadlines
• Flexibility and willingness to take direction and ability to communicate with all levels of management
• Applicants shortlisted for interviews will be required to submit an original writing sample
ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS
To be considered, please send resume, salary history and requirement via email to HR@tennischannel.com. Subject line must read: PR Coordinator
Tennis Channel Inc.
2850 Ocean Park Blvd., Suite 150
Santa Monica, CA 90405