Tennis Channel (www.tennischannel.com) is the only 24-hour, television-based multimedia destination dedicated to both the professional sport and tennis lifestyle. A hybrid of comprehensive sports, health, fitness, pop culture, entertainment, lifestyle and travel programming, the network is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. It also has the most concentrated single-sport coverage in television, with telecast rights to the US Open, Wimbledon, Roland Garros (French Open), Australian Open, Olympus US Open Series, ATP Masters Series, top-tier Sony Ericsson WTA Tour championship competitions, Davis Cup and Fed Cup by BNP Paribas, and Hyundai Hopman Cup. Tennis Channel is carried by nine of the top 10 MSOs, Verizon FiOS TV, and has a national footprint via DIRECTV and DISH Network.
Position: Tennis Channel has an opportunity for an EXPERIENCED Broadcast Engineer who will be responsible for providing technical support for live studio productions at Hayden Studios in Culver City, a 24/7 TV production facility which hosts a diverse group of client activities and is the home of Tennis Channel. An important component of the position is the support of daily studio news production, live-to-tape productions and integration of remote live sports.
Daily Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Channel origination, stage production, file based ingest and edit in a live, dynamic setting
Maintain broadcast and ancillary systems related to these activities including:
o Video router
o Production & master control switchers
o Audio consoles
o Video servers
o NLE’s Up/Down/cross converters
Supervise a team of two
• Minimum 5 years experience as a broadcast engineer working in a LIVE, preferably sports environment
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues, in a timely manner and within a live setting
• Detailed knowledge of HD-SDI/SD-SDI/ASI-Signal structures, configuration and operation of Video Routers; Switchers (Master Control and Production); audio consoles, setup and operation of Video servers; Video Codecs (MPEG-2, MPEG-4, GOP structures and wrapper types); configuration and operation of Intercoms; configuration and basic maintenance of VTR’s
• B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering preferred (or a BA degree in TV Production or Media Studies)
• Highly cooperative approach towards clients and ability to foster a highly positive partnership with management, co-workers, and other departments
• Ability to work weekends, early morning and overnight shifts; punctual and excellent attendance record
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and to supervise others
To be considered, please send resume, salary history and requirements via email to: HR@tennischannel.com. Subject line must read: Broadcast Engineer
Tennis Channel Inc.
2850 Ocean Park Blvd., Suite 150
Santa Monica, CA 90405