TENNIS CHANNEL’S BABOLAT ROAD TRIP TO TEXAS
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
Purchase does not increase chances of winning.
1. SPONSOR. Tennis Channel’s Babolat Road Trip To Texas Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by The Tennis Channel, Inc., 2850 Ocean Park Boulevard, Suite 150, Santa Monica, California 90405, Babolat USA, 650 South Taylor Ave., Louisville, Colorado 80027 and Michelin North America, Inc., 1 Parkway S, Greenville, South Carolina 29615 (collectively, the “Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents physically located and residing in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories and possessions, and where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, Vibes Media, LLC, related entities, distributors, parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion fulfillment agencies, retailers, and their immediate families (parent, child, sibling and spouse) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible (the “Sweepstakes Entities”). Entrants must be physically located in one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia at the time of entry.
3. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD/DEADLINES. The Sweepstakes entry period begins on August 27, 2012, at 12:00AM Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) and will end on September 9, 2012, at approximately 11:59PM EDT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). For purposes of these Official Rules (“Rules”), all times and days are EDT.
4. HOW TO ENTER. There are two (2) different ways to enter the Sweepstakes. During the Sweepstakes Period, entrants may enter once per day by either or both of the following methods:
a. Online Entry. During the Sweepstakes Period, entrants may log on to http://www.tennischannel.com (the “Entry Site”) and click on the Sweepstakes text link or icon, either of which will take entrant to the Sweepstakes entry page. Entrant may then complete and thereafter submit the Sweepstakes entry form (each an “Online Entry” collectively, the “Online Entries”). All Entries must include entrant’s first and last name, email address (“Address”), state of residence, zip code and age, gender and shoe size and may also include street address, city, telephone number (including area code), and the answers to certain marketing questions (collectively, the “Online Entry Information”). Online Entries will be limited to one (1) Entry per person/Address per calendar day during the Sweepstakes Period (regardless of whether one (1) person has more than one Address or more than (1) person use the same Address. Online Entries in excess of one (1) per day will be void and disqualified. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by entrant’s online service will apply. All required Online Entry Information must be completed in full. Use of any automated entry device or software is prohibited. All Online Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. False or deceptive Online Entries or acts, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will render the entrant ineligible. Entrants represent and warrant that they have not purchased any kind of device or Internet service in order to submit an Online Entry or participate in and/or enter the Sweepstakes. Entrants will have the option to “opt in” to receive subsequent electronic communication from Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s promotional partners. Opting to receive further information is not a requirement for entry in the Sweepstakes nor does it increase chances of winning.
b. Text Message Entry. During the Sweepstakes Period, entrants may send a text message from their mobile phone or other text messaging capable device (“Mobile Device”) to the number 836647 (“TENNIS” on the telephone keypad), (each a “Text Entry” collectively, the “Text Entries”) with the body of the text message beginning with the keyword “BABOLAT” or “Babolat” (in any combination of upper or lower case letters) (the “Keyword”). Entrants must have a text messaging two-way capable Mobile Device and digital service in order to enter the Sweepstakes via Text Entry. Entrants who successfully submit a Text Entry will be sent a text message that confirms their entry into the Sweepstakes. Entrants who submit an improper Text Entry (i.e. a Text Entry that does not begin with the Keyword) will be sent a text message that their Text Entry was not recognized. Text Entries will be limited to one (1) successful Text Entry per person/mobile phone number per calendar day during the Sweepstakes Period (regardless of whether one (1) person has more than one Mobile Device or more than one (1) person use the same Mobile Device). Text Entries in excess of one (1) per day will be void and disqualified. Entrants entering by Text Entry will be charged standard text messaging rates for text messages sent and received from their Mobile Device according to the terms and conditions in their wireless calling or data plan. Sponsor is not responsible for any charges from any cellular phone provider made to the entrant. Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Text Entry at any time which in Sponsor’s opinion does not comply with these Rules. Use of any automated entry device or software is prohibited. All Text Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Entrant represents and warrants that they have not purchased any Mobile Device or text messaging service in order to submit a Text Entry or to participate in and/or enter the Sweepstakes. Text message entrants will have the option to “opt in” to receive subsequent electronic communication from Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes promotional partners. Opting to receive further information is not a requirement for entry in the Sweepstakes nor does it increase chances of winning.
Text Entries and Online Entries shall be cumulatively defined as the “Entries.” Entries by any other method other than set forth above in Sections 4a. and 4b. are void.
5. HOW TO WIN. Sponsor will randomly select one (1) Daily Prize (as described below) winner per day (from among all eligible Entries then received from the start of the Sweepstakes Period up until that day) commencing on August 27, 2012 and continuing through and including September 9, 2012. Grand Prize (as described below) winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, on or about September 17, 2012 by the Sponsor. The decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding and cannot be appealed. The Grand Prize and Daily Prize winners will be notified by phone, e-mail, text message and/or mail on or about September 18, 2012 and must meet all eligibility requirements including the execution and delivery of all necessary releases (as described below).
Grand Prize. One (1) Grand Prize package which includes: (i) round trip coach-class air transportation for the winner and one (1) guest from a major commercial gateway airport near winner’s residence (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to San Antonio International Airport, San Antonio, Texas (“SAT”); (ii) hotel accommodations and meals for winner and one (1) guest single/room double occupancy, room and tax only) for two (2) nights at the John Newcombe Tennis Ranch (“JNTC”) in New Braunfels, Texas; (iii) admission to two (2) days to the John Newcombe Tennis Ranch tennis clinics for the winner and one (1) guest; (iv) round trip shuttle transportation between SAT and JNTC; (v) two (2) pairs of Babolat Propulse shoes (either men’s or women’s version as selected by winner); (vi) two (2) Andy Roddick gear packages, each package includes one (1) Babolat Pure Drive Roddick tennis racquet, one (1) Babolat twelve-pack (12-pack) Pure Drivers Team racquet bag, and one (1) set of Babolat VS/PHT Hybrid Strings; and (vii) a set of four (4) D.O.T. compliant Michelin brand passenger or light truck tires of up to One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) retail value (from amongst an available selection of such tires and sizes to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, excluding competition racing slicks or “R” compound D.O.T. legal tires) (“Tires”). Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is Dollars ($3,418.00).
Daily Prize. Fourteen (14) Daily Prizes. Each Daily Prize includes one (1) pair of Babolat Propulse tennis shoes (either men’s or women’s version as selected by winner) (the “Daily Prize”). ARV of each Daily Prize is One Hundred Nine Dollars ($109.00). Total ARV of all Daily Prizes is One Thousand Five Hundred Twenty-Six Dollars ($1,526.00).
Grand Prize Winner and guest will be required to have, and are solely responsible for obtaining a valid U.S. passport and any necessary and required travel documents (visas, ID’s, etc.). All travel arrangements will be made by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner and guest must travel together on same itinerary. Guest may be a minor only if winner is the guest’s parent or legal guardian. Winner and guest may be required to sign and return such additional prize-related documents as provided by Sponsor, including without limitation, for airline travel and/or hotel accommodation. The Grand Prize is non-refundable for cash and non-changeable once issued. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen elements of the Grand Prize. Grand Prize winners cannot assign or transfer their prize to another person. Shoe sizes within a standard range will be offered by Sponsor to winner; some sizes may not be available. Grand Prize does not include mounting of Tires. All federal, State, local or other taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of winner. One (1) prize per person/household. The prize is non-refundable for cash and non-changeable once issued. The prize is provided “as is” and without any warranty of any kind. The total ARV of all prizes is Four Thousand Nine Hundred Forty-Four Dollars ($4,944.00). Grand Prize Winner and guest must travel in or about Spring or Fall, 2013, departing on Friday and returning on Sunday of the same week, exact dates to be confirmed and finalized by Sponsor. If Grand Prize winner is not available on such dates, Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Grand Prize winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Should Grand Prize winner choose to take trip with no guest, then the remaining elements of the Grand Prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s Grand Prize obligation to winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. No substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for Grand Prize (or Grand Prize components) will be allowed, except that Sponsor may substitute the Grand Prize (or Grand Prize component) for one of equal or greater value for any reason, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event that a Grand Prize component is not available for any reason, then remaining elements of Grand Prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s Grand Prize obligation to winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. Any depictions of the prizes (or prize elements) are for illustrative purposes only.
Winner is responsible for any and all expenses and taxes not included in the Grand Prize package, including, but not limited to, Federal, state and local taxes, drinks, gratuities, souvenirs, excursions, phone calls, ground transportation, incidentals, tips, and for any additional applicable travel fees, surcharges, service charges or passenger facility charges, and other personal expenses. All arrangements are subject to availability. The Grand Prize is provided “as is” and without any warranty of any kind.
7. CLAIMING PRIZES/RELEASES. Eligibility, age of and all claims made by a potential winner is subject to verification. Sponsor is not responsible for any fraudulent communication sent to entrants not by Sponsor. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted, or if he/she is found to be ineligible, an alternate winner may be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable or if the potential winner fails to respond to notification attempts, the potential winner may be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event the winner declines the prize or winner fails to execute and return the completed releases (as described below), Sponsor may elect, in its sole discretion, to select an alternate winner. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an Entry, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the legitimate holder of the Mobile Device and/or Address as determined by Sponsor. Upon Sponsor’s request, potential winner may need to present a bill to confirm their status as the authorized account holder of the account used to submit the winning Entry. Potential winner must complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Prize Acceptance/Liability and (where legally permissible) Publicity Release Form, except where prohibited by law, within five (5) days of receipt of same. Winner’s guest (“Guest”) (or winner as parent or legal guardian if Guest is a minor), must also sign, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Prize Acceptance/Liability and Publicity Release, except where prohibited by law, within five (5) days of prize notification. Grand Prize winner must claim Tires by December 15, 2012 and accept delivery of the same at an address located in the continental United States only. By accepting prize, winner and Guest consent to the use of winner’s and Guest’s names, address (city and state only), voice, biographical and Prize information and/or statements about the Sweepstakes, photograph and likeness, without additional compensation, for programming, advertising, trade and promotional purposes in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, except where prohibited by law. If a potential winner or Guest fails to comply with the Rules and/or to submit required documentation within the designated period, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion. By accepting prize, winner further acknowledges that the Sweepstakes Entities have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied in fact or in law, relative to prize or prize suppliers or to any portion thereof, including by not limited to its quality, merchantability, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor shall not be responsible or liable for its failure to contact potential winners due to an incorrect, out of date or undeliverable address, email address or telephone number. Entrants should be sure to update their user accounts regularly with their correct contact information so that they will be able to receive prize if selected as a potential winner. A potential winner, who fails to notify Sponsor with any complaint or problem within three (3) days after attempted prize notification, forfeits their right to do so.
8. ODDS. Odds of winning the Sweepstakes will depend on the total number of participants eligible Entries received.
11. CONDITIONS RELATING TO PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES AND USE OF THE ENTRY SITE
12. BUGS AND VIRUSES; IRREGULARITIES SUSPENSION. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to temporarily suspend the Sweepstakes at any time and invalidate any corrupted Entries if a computer virus, bug, malfunction, Manipulation or other technical problem, regardless of the cause, affects, compromises, or corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes. Notice of such suspension will be posted at the Entry Site. Prizes that are not obtained through authorized legitimate methods, or are the result of Manipulation, mechanical, electronic, digital or computer or other error, are void. SPONSOR SHALL NOT BE OBLIGATED TO AWARD ANY PRIZE THAT RELATES TO OR ARISES OUT OF AN IRREGULAR ENTRY OR IMPROPER OR MISTAKEN PRIZE NOTIFICATION, OPERATION OR FUNCTION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES. No more than the stated number of prizes in these Rules will be awarded.
In addition to the foregoing, if for any reason (including, but not limited to, strikes, lock-outs, acts of God, technical difficulties, and other events not within the reasonable control of Sponsor, e.g. force majeure) Sponsor cannot continue the Sweepstakes, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, temporarily suspend the Sweepstakes for the duration of any force majeure event, or extend the Sweepstakes Period.
13. RELEASE OF LIABILITY; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that Sponsor, their respective officers, directors and employees, and their agents, representatives, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for:
a) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible Entries, lost, misdirected or otherwise undeliverable mail, or postage-due notices, release forms, affidavits or other correspondence;
b) potential winner’s unsuccessful efforts to claim any prize;
c) any telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, slow-downs, failures, or difficulties of any kind;
d) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions;
e) human error, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entries;
f) any condition caused by events beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted, however minor;
g) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising in connection with or as a result of the acceptance, possession, or use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes;
h) any unauthorized Entries or Manipulation by a person;
i) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated to the Sweepstakes, or errors attributable to a malfunctioning prize notice or pop-up window associated with the Sweepstakes;
j) any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy; or
k) any damage to any entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of this Sweepstakes.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, OR THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR SWEEPSTAKES AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR (1) ACCESS TO AND USE OF, OR INABILITY TO ACCESS, THE ENTRY SITE, (2) DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THIS SITE, (3) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY OF THE GAMES AVAILABLE ON THE ENTRY SITE, OR (4) ACCEPTANCE OF ANY PRIZE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE OTHER GAMES ON THE ENTRY SITE, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
14. GOVERNING LAW. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant and Sweepstakes Entities, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of California. In any action brought to enforce the obligation or right of any party hereunder they consent to personal jurisdiction and venue in any court of appropriate jurisdiction in Los Angeles County, California. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
15. RULES ARE BINDING. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s understanding of and full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Rules. Sponsor’s decision not to enforce a specific provision of these Rules does not constitute a waiver of that provision or of the Rules generally.
16. RULES/WINNERS LIST. For a copy of the rules and/or the winners list, send a request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Tennis Channel’s Babolat Road Trip To Texas Sweepstakes “Rules”/”Winner’s List” (specify which), 2850 Ocean Park Boulevard, Suite 150, Santa Monica, California 90405. Requests must be received by October 1, 2013. Washington and Vermont residents need not affix return postage for a copy of the prize winners’ list. The Rules will be accessible from the Entry Site during the Sweepstakes Period. The winner’s name may be posted on the Entry Site.